Thursday: We peer reviewed our practice in-class synthesis essays, emphasizing the positive and recognizing the successes of the writers.
Also: We prepared for tomorrow’s final in-class synthesis essay be previewing the texts we will read.
PERIOD 1: Read the short story “May” by Ali Smith. You will be given the specific writing topic tomorrow.
People who were absent from period 1 may either email me to receive the story, or you will receive a different, poetry-based topic in class tomorrow.
PERIOD 4: You have a choice of topics and texts. Choose:
- Assess the effectiveness of any two texts—which is more successfully motivational?
- Desiderata (poem)
- If (poem)
- Invictus (poem)
- Any texts from the topics below
- Assess which texts provides better advice for dealing with adversity
- When I Am Overcome With Weakness (poem)
- Things That Won’t Help You On a Bad Day (poem)
- Topic: “Will“. How might the writer of “Will” interpret and respond to “Let’s Beat up the Poor”
- Let’s Beat Up the Poor (fiction)
- Will: To Live is to Choose (essay)
Students who were absent may email me to receive the texts. If you were not able to receive the texts to preview them, you will be assigned topic 2.
Friday: We wrote our final in-class synthesis essays. If you were not here today, you may make up this work during class time next week.