This material is from over six years ago. For more current handouts, see the blog posts for your class.
Note that I cannot provide for download photocopies of our textbooks or any other material that is copyrighted and not freely available on the web. Here you will mostly find the handouts I have created, and links to documents hosted on other websites.
- Short Story Vocabulary Review Sheet
- 5-Paragraph Character Sketch Part 1: Prewriting
- Writing a Character Sketch Jr
- Story After “Afrika Road”
- What is a Literary Analysis?
- Step by Step Instructions for Writing a Short Analysis
- Integrating Quotations for Junior Students (adapted from online source)
- Common Transition Words
- Quotation integration worksheet
- Make up Assignments for English 9
- Simile Lesson
- Fourteenth Birthday Essay
- Personification Activity
- Compare/Contrast Preparation (Study questions for “January” and “The Fish”)
- Pigman Vocabulary Study Ch 1, 2
- PIGMAN Vocabulary Study Ch 2 to 4
- Pigman Ch 9 to 10 vocab for mnemosyne (IMPORTANT: You must change the file extention from “doc” to “xml” before importing this file in Mnemosyne
- Pigman Ch 9 to 10 vocab Word document
- The Pigman in One Minute
- Pigman Essay Topics
- Pigman Complete Vocabulary List
A Midsummer Night’s Dream
- “Olympians in Art” Assignment
- “Comparing Creation Stories” Essay Planning
- Ekphrasis Assignment and Examples
- Hero Poster
The Absolutely True Diary of a Part-Time Indian
- Study Questions p. 1 to 24
- Conditions on Reservations (handout)
- Conditions on Reservations (presentation)
- Study Questions p. 91 to 116
- Being an Individual vs Being a Member of a Group
- Dealing with Traumatic Events (handout from FreeLibrary.org)
Drama Study (A Waitress in Yellowstone)
- Theatre production roles for A Waitress in Yellowstone
- Annotating lines and designing costumes handout
- Actors should fill out this “character design” sheet give it to the costume designer
- Actors create notes for performing lines
- Song writers should fill out one of these song planning sheets for each song in the production, and give to the stage manager
- Sound technicians should watch this video and use this sheet for planning sound cues as well as annotating their script.
- Lighting technicians should watch this video and collect and keep track of lights as well as keep track of lighting cues here and on their script
- The promoter should look at this video and design promotional materials for internet delivery.
- The costume designers, set designers and prop mistresses should all make their own lists and sketches
- The stage manager should maintain a prompt book.
- Here is our cast and crew list, if you need it.